Kids Create! FAQs
If your child has a food allergy, please let us know on the online registration form. We would encourage you to send a suitable snack daily with your child.
Please contact us in advance of registering. An M&G educator will listen to your child’s needs and determine how we can best serve your child with the teaching and projects.
M&G orders project materials for the entire camp based on registrations. Your fee covers the materials costs, which are ordered in advance of the camp.
Should illness or quarantine prevent your camper from attending during his/her registered week of camp, we would be happy to coordinate a way for you (or a designated representative) to pick-up projects/materials for your child to complete at home. Please contact us at email@example.com or 864.770.1331.
Once your registration is received, M&G will send an email confirmation. Two weeks prior to your child’s camp week, M&G will send an informational email with a map and specific helps for the first day of camp and the daily carline for drop-off in the morning and pickup at noon.
M&G’s Kids Create! will be held in the facilities of a partner organization: Bob Jones Academy (on the campus of Bob Jones University). Each day, campers enter and leave the camp on the parking lot side of the Academy Auditorium (AAUD) in the Collins Building. Parents will receive a location map with directions in your informational email two weeks prior to your child’s camp week.
Campers are divided into four groups specifically planned with age-appropriate activities. In addition, classroom dimensions and COVID limit our class sizes. M&G makes an effort to honor requests for a child to be placed in the same group as a friend; however, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be granted.
Kids Create! is a 5-day, morning camp. We run the same themed camp for all of the weeks in June. Each day, camp begins promptly at 9:30 AM, and sessions end at noon.
We understand that parents will exercise discernment for their child(ren) and family. M&G too will consider the current health conditions in South Carolina before and during the June camp weeks to evaluate and determine which protocols will be necessary to follow and implement. Specific expectations (both for campers and M&G’s carefulness) will be communicated in the parent email sent two weeks prior to your child’s camp week.
However, M&G is currently planning the following procedures:
- Facilities will be thoroughly cleaned daily.
- At restroom breaks, campers will be required to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer.
- All families will need to sign the COVID-19 waiver by the Monday Registration Check-In.
- At morning carline, parents will be asked health screening questions daily for their camper.
- At morning carline, each camper will have a temperature check.
- Kids Create! staff will also be monitored daily to ensure their healthy participation as well.
- Masks are not required; they are optional for any camper who prefers to wear one.
- Class sizes are smaller to allow for social distancing.
- For snacks, single-serving packages and water bottles will be distributed.
- Art materials will be supplied for each individual camper; no supplies will be shared among campers.
- Rather than host our regular large, in-person reception on Friday with families and friends, M&G will share a video digitally with parents from their camper’s week of experiences.
We will only be requiring masks during the Monday Registration Check-In. Once campers are checked in, they will not be required to wear masks for the daily camp activities. However, masks are optional should campers prefer to wear them.
Absolutely! Every summer we serve children (often siblings and cousins) that have come to spend a week with their grandparents or whose grandparents have given the week to their grands.
Yes! You can either register the child yourself or make a donation to M&G in the amount of the camp fee and specify in the gift details that your donation is for a Kids Create! camper. Let us know on the giving form whom M&G should contact (the child’s guardian) and how to reach them (phone or email). You can make the gift here: www.bjumg.org/give-online/
We would be most grateful for your support of Kids Create! camp—especially with the continued unknowns of COVID-related protocols and expenses. Your gift will help us provide engaging, arts-integrated instruction that inspires young people to think creatively.