Kids Create! 2021
M&G is looking forward to our June 2021 Kids Create! summer art day camp for your young creatives, grades 1-6. There’s still room for YOUR campers!
Register for camp HERE.
For more information, review Frequently Asked Questions about Kids Create!
Pigments of the Past
1st—6th grade (ages 6-12)
What is paint made of? Who invented the paintbrush? How has art changed over the centuries? Traveling through time, campers will peek into the lives of four historical artists—the postdiluvian man, a Chinese painter of the Song Dynasty, a fifteenth-century monk, and a twentieth-century color field pioneer. M&G’s 5-day morning camp is packed with artistic discoveries, snacks, new friends, and a chance to meet local artisans.
Cost (includes daily instruction, art supplies, and daily snack):
- Museum Members: $75
- Non-Members: $80
Location: Bob Jones Academy (on the campus of Bob Jones University)
Time: 9:30AM — Noon, daily
- June 7-11
- June 14-18
- June 21-25
Health & Safety Measures:
We understand that parents will exercise discernment for their child(ren) and family. M&G too will consider the current health conditions in South Carolina before and during the June camp weeks to evaluate and determine which protocols will be necessary to follow and implement. Specific expectations (both for campers and M&G’s carefulness) will be communicated in the parent email sent two weeks prior to your child’s camp week.
However, M&G is currently planning the following procedures:
- Facilities will be thoroughly cleaned daily.
- At restroom breaks, campers will be required to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer.
- All families will need to sign the COVID-19 waiver by the Monday Registration Check-In.
- At morning carline, parents will be asked health screening questions daily for their camper, and each camper will have a temperature check.
- Kids Create! staff will also be monitored daily to ensure their healthy participation as well.
- Masks are not required; they are optional for any camper who prefers to wear one.
- Class sizes are smaller to allow for social distancing.
- For snacks, single-serving packages and water bottles will be distributed.
- Art materials will be supplied for each individual camper; no supplies will be shared among campers.
- Rather than host our regular large, in-person reception on Friday with families and friends, M&G will share a video digitally with parents from their camper’s week of experiences.
For more details, please view all of our FAQs.