M&G Makers Market
During BJU’s Homecoming events every October, the Museum & Gallery hosts a curated market of handmade art, crafts, foods, and designs created by BJU grads, current and former faculty/staff, and current and former students. The Makers come from around the country and feature a variety of items including handmade cards, artisan breads, pottery, illustrations, watercolor paintings, jewelry, fiber art, woodworking, calligraphy, gourmet popcorn and more!
This all-day event is hosted on the 2nd floor Welcome Center on the Saturday of Homecoming (October 8, 2022), and it is open to the public to enjoy.
If you are interested in becoming a Maker, please consider the following process and timeline:
Artists (and craftsmen, artisans, illustrators, designers, jewelers, bakers, etc.) can submit their application and images online beginning Monday, May 30 through Sunday, June 12.
- Remember, since this is during Homecoming on the campus of Bob Jones University, applicants are limited to current/former faculty and staff, BJU graduates, and current/former BJU students.
- There is an application fee of $25.
- Market applications are only received during the 2-week time period stated. M&G will open application links on this page beginning May 30.
- For application helps, please reference these resources: FAQs and Before You Apply.
- M&G will make an email announcement about the opening of the application process in advance and on the day of the opening. There will be reminders throughout the two weeks to encourage Makers to apply. If you would like to receive this announcement please click here.
Following the closure of the application process, a jury of BJU grads will review all submissions and choose which artists will participate in the Market in the following categories: 2D Fine Art, 3D Fine Art, To Wear, Paper Goods, Fiber Art, and Everything Else.
- Once the jury makes its choices based on quality, price point, and variety, M&G will contact the chosen Makers to accept their admission and pay their booth fee to participate.
If you would like to receive M&G updates, click here.