During BJU’s Homecoming events every October, M&G hosts a curated market of handmade art, crafts, foods, and designs created by BJU grads, current and former faculty/staff, and current and former students. The Makers come from around the country and feature a variety of items including handmade cards, specialty cupcakes, functional pottery, illustrations, watercolor paintings, jewelry, fiber art, high-end writing instruments, gourmet popcorn, fidget gadgets, herbed soaps, soy candles, and more!
This all-day event is hosted on both floors of the Welcome Center, outside in the Student Center, and in The Den on the Saturday of Homecoming. Plus, it is open to the public to enjoy!
If you’re interested in becoming a Maker, please consider the following process and timeline:
Application: Artists (and craftsmen, artisans, illustrators, designers, jewelers, bakers, etc.) can submit their application and images online beginning 8AM on Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day) through Midnight on Sunday, June 9, 2024.
- Remember, since this is for BJU Homecoming, applicants are limited to current/former faculty and staff, BJU graduates, and current/former BJU students.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $25.
- Market application information will be updated each Spring, and applications are only received during the 2-week time period stated. Only Makers who have applied are considered for inclusion in the annual Makers Market.
- M&G will make an email announcement about the opening of the application process in advance and on the day of the opening. There will be reminders throughout the two weeks to encourage Makers to apply. If you would like to receive this announcement please click here.
Selection: Following the closure of the application process, a jury of BJU grads will review all submissions and choose which artists will participate in the Market in the following categories: 2D Fine Art, 3D Fine Art, To Wear, Paper Goods, Fiber Art, and Everything Else.
- Once the jury makes its choices based on quality, price point, and variety, M&G will contact the chosen Makers to accept their admission and pay their booth fee to participate.
- Space for the Market is limited; therefore the number of Makers are limited between 35-42 total.
Announcement: M&G will announce the participating Makers on Facebook, Instagram, our website, and via email at some point late summer. Saturday, October 5, 2024 will be M&G’s 8th annual Makers Market.
If you would like to receive M&G updates, click here.