M&G loves opening up the world of art through our unique Museum on the Move program by bringing museum learning to your classroom! Our educators are available to come to your classroom to teach and bring all the related materials for each lesson and arts-based STEAM units. Or you can choose to use digital Museum on the Move lessons in your classroom or remotely.
These 30- to 60-minute lessons are not only customized to accommodate individual classroom needs, but also integrate art with the core subject areas, and meet the national and South Carolina state standards. Each lesson is taught by our experienced and skilled museum educators. See what educators say about this program!
For a list of in-classroom lesson topics in PDF, click here.
For a copy of the standards utilized in each lesson, click here.
To schedule an educator to come to your classroom: contact Anna Hamrick, M&G’s Museum on the Move Coordinator via this scheduling form, or at email@example.com, or 864.770.1331. She will coordinate fees and educator availability.
These engaging digital lessons include a Teacher’s Guide (for use in your classroom or remotely), a lesson video, a demonstration video (for the related art project), list of the standards the lesson meets, and related project printables. The following digital lessons are available:
- Poetry & Art: Writing Colorfully (for 1st-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th)
- Propaganda & Art: WWI (for 4th-8th grade)
- Industrial Revolution (for 5th-8th grade)
- Careers in Art (for 6th-9th grade)
- Art of Illustration (for 4th-6th grade)
For a description of the digital lessons in PDF, click here.
To register for digital lessons for your classroom or school (due to COVID-19 limitations or traveling distance): contact Anna Hamrick, M&G’s Museum on the Move Coordinator via this scheduling form, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 864.770.1331.
- Digital Lessons for 1 Classroom Teacher: $50 per lesson access (used as many times as needed during 1 semester)
- Digital Lessons for a School: $200 per academic year for full access to all lessons (used by any teacher as many times as needed during the entire school year)
If you’d like to understand a little more detail about how Museum on the Move works, listen to this February 2021 podcast about the program, featuring our education staff:
Museum on the Move is part of M&G’s Arts Encounter K-12 programming.